Thursday, August 30, 2012

School Starts "Officially" Tuesday!


It has been a BUSY week at Northland Learning Center (NLC). There are a lot of new staff, including myself, this year. Everyone is running around like a chicken with its head cut off! I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to get to know students and staff this past May when I subbed. It gave me a foot in the door.  :) I am excited and yes SO SO nervous for schools to start on Tuesday. (Prayers would be MUCH appreciated!!!)
For those of you that don't know, let me give you a quick tidbit of what my job entails. I teach students grades 7th-12th with developmental disabilities and I also teach NLC's transition program, Pathways. Pathways is a program for students of transition age (18-21). In the program students focus on vocational skills, functional academics, and independent living skills. 
I posted a tour of my classroom below. It isn't anything too special, but I hope you guys enjoy it, and your Labor Day weekend!! Have a good rest of your week! 
~Emily 






No comments:

Post a Comment